Translate

Sunday, June 11, 2017

The Need for June







Wrote this up yesterday but couldn't post it due to internet problems.  Had a lot of internet issues last few days, first a lightening story,  then mysterious outages which I don't know if its the local frequencies or distributed denial of service attacks.



I want to thank all you generous people who have helped out for some long, in particular J.D. from Arlington, you literally kept fed on a couple of occasions!  I cannot express enough thanks to all of you whether it was $5,  $11.11 (see that a lot) or $100.  I try to answer the PayPal donations with a thank you right away but I did not do that to everyone this month so I will do that here instead.




The need for June is $500.  That's pretty much the baseline for me, cut back much and live simply these days.  If you can help help click on the trees to the right of the blog.






I have some, as my daughter described it, "terrifying" hospital bills right now, which totaled are about what I made in a year as software consultant at my peak earning.  I was expecting maybe a 1/4 of what I was billed (some for services I did not get).  I can attest to the fact the "Affordable Care Act (Obamacare) has made American medicine EVEN MORE expensive. Much more expensive. I am not going to ask for help on that, the bills are frankly absurd, and will be working with the hospital charity program and other options that may be available.   If I read the bill correctly the surgeons are included on the hospital bill, but who knows what else may come in the mail.   I was hoping maybe that advanced Galactic tech would be available before the medical issue became life threatening,  and required conventional treatment but that did not happen. Funny how much difference weeks can make! But hey, at least I am alive still to see it all!   :)




I may work with Dani Arnold-McKinney about crowd funding the EMS charges for the ambulances, in particular the two run by this county, and the ER doctors which are billed separately from the hospital and not covered by any aid the hospital may provide.  Will let you know about that.



If what I feel is about to happen, happens,  all these bills may be completely a moot issue.   But I have never been very good at predicting the dates of events so I won't. It flows as it flows best for ALL.  I work through this one day at a time.



I have been offline due to a problem with a shared internet connection after a lightening storm. The Mac motherboard also is broken both should be fixed between June 4th and June 6th. Currently limited to posting from my iPhone.